The UK Critical Care Research Forum (UKCCRF) was established in 2008 and is open to all who are interested in undertaking research in critical and emergency care in the UK. The main objective of the UKCCRF is to advance the field of critical care research and enhance patient outcome and care, translating knowledge into practice.
The forum meets annually to: share and critically review new study proposals; to share updates on the progress of ongoing studies; and to discuss research methodologies.
ICNARC is one of the founding organisations of the UKCCRF and provided an event management service for the annual meeting between 2008 and 2015. This is a two-day event organised by a different host each year with support from a committee of consultants, nurses, allied health care professionals and researchers in critical and emergency care.
We continue to support the ongoing development of the UKCCRF and is an active member of the UK Critical Care Research Group (UKCCRG) Oversight Committee.
The 2017 event is organised by the Medical School Events Team at the University of Birmingham. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
UKCCRF 2017Hosted by: Prof Julian Bion, University of Birmingham and Prof Gavin Perkins, Univeristy of Warwick
Venue: Medical School, University of Birmingham
Dates: Thursday 8 - Friday 9 June 2017
Registration and enquires:
Medical School Events Team
Centre for Professional Development
College of Medical and Dental Sciences
University of Birmingham
Tel: 0121 414 8606/8608
The Forum is your opportunity to:
- Present new study proposals
- Provide/receive constructive peer review/feedback/mentorship
- Network with peers
- Review ongoing study progress
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FICM)
- Intensive Care Society (ICS)
- United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA)
- Scottish Intensive Care Society (SICS)
- The National Outreach Forum (NOrF)
- Welsh Intensive Care Society (WICS)
- British Association of Critical Care Nurses (BACCN)
- Northern Ireland Intensive Care Society (NIICS)