At ICNARC, we believe passionately in working together to improve care and outcomes for intensive care patients.
Over the past 20+ years, we have established ourselves as an independent charity with close academic and healthcare links. We have developed strong working relationships with staff at all levels across NHS organisations, allowing us to work in over 200 intensive and critical care units in the NHS and collaborate on a large number of audits and research studies.
Our national clinical audit database now contains information on over 2 million patients. Alongside this, our registered clinical trials unit conducts a broad portfolio of national and international research studies. This wealth of high-quality, clinical data helps guide and influence intensive care practice at every level – from unit-based policy to Government decisions. Patient and public involvement and engagement is central to our philosophy, and we involve these groups in all aspects of our work from design to dissemination.
We are looking to recruit exceptional individuals who share our passion for making a real difference. You will be joining our growing team, currently 38 staff, at an exciting time as we begin to shape our future vision for ICNARC for the next ten years.
About the role
Head of Data and Business Technology
c. £60,000 per annum
London - Flexible working available
Do you get excited by the possibilities technology can bring? Can you inspire others to look beyond the usual? Data and technology is at the very heart of all we do, and we are proud of our ability to change and adapt in a fast paced technological world.
We are looking for an exceptional senior executive to lead and manage our Data and Technology team as we embark on our most ambitious programme of development.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the clinical audit and research information systems that power our innovative work. This will include our hardware, software, data processing, data management and reporting. You will need to work closely with UK wide stakeholders, external suppliers and contractors.
- You will have significant experience of: leading an IT function; application and infrastructure services; working with external system providers.
- You will have a clear understanding and practical knowledge of IT applications and technical disciplines including process redesign, systems development and service/project delivery
- You will be experienced in inspiring motivating, and developing high-performance teams.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to present, negotiate, consult, influence and build credibility with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- You will have embraced and driven change in your previous roles
We understand the need for staff to balance personal commitments and family life with work. We are proud of our range of policies to support staffs which include: flexitime; enhanced maternity and paternity provisions and working at home. We also offer:
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, per year and the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- Flexible working which is fully embedded in our culture
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Support with further academic/professional development
- Enhanced pension contributions after your first year of employment
How to Apply
Please view the job description and guidance notes in the 'Related Files' section
Please email us your most up to date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 09:30am on Monday 20 November 2017
ICNARC are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.