We help critically ill patients by providing information/feedback about the quality of care to those who work in critical care. We also make information about the quality of care available to the public through the Annual Quality Report.
We set up ICNARC to address the following questions:
- What do we know about critical care in the UK?
- How might we monitor the overall impact of critical care in the UK?
- What do we know about the effects of critical care in the UK?
- How might we help evaluate critical care in the UK?
We provide high quality information:
- through our national clinical audits, where hospitals/critical care units use information from reports to help them improve care;
- through our research, where data are collected to answer specific questions or to test theories.
We are an independent registered charity (charity number: 1039417). We do not make a profit – all income is spent on delivering a high quality service to the critical care community. Audits are funded by the hospitals we provide audit services to. Research is funded by grants.
Our recent annual reports and accounts, submitted to the Charity Commission, can be accessed below: