As national clinical audit continues to play an important role in measuring and reporting on quality within health care settings, our National Audit Programme must keep pace with change.
We are always looking at ways to do what we do, better.
We aim to:
- develop national clinical audits related to the sickest patients in hospitals;
- develop tools to measure the quality of care given to these patients, in the fairest way possible;
- develop effective tools to report on the quality of care given to these patients;
- positively influence the ways in which all national clinical audits are set up and run; and
- drive up standards in health care to benefit patients.